Saturday, December 11, 2010

Elmo?

Today we went to see Santa.

Santa looks a lot like my Dad...being that he is my dad. You might remember from last year that we took Rigg to visit Santa/Dad for the first time...


Rigg just sees Pop. Not Santa. Although, this year, the red suit did throw him for a bit of a loop and he totally lost his head. Because after Rigg saw Dad/Santa/Pop he said "Elmo?"


No son... not Elmo...sorry.

It is always fun to go see my dad play Santa. He is so gentle and kind with the kids... and there are a TON of kids. When the Captain and I pulled up into the parking lot it was SO full that people had taken to parking in the adjoining field...and made a bigger make-shift parking lot then the real one. Hundreds of cars... really. I looked at Andy and said "I think it is really weird to think all of these people are here to see my dad."


I hesitate to put this pic of me on here... my double chin and outrageous midsection scream "Don't do it!" but my rational side thinks... "ahh, well, for prosperity's sake..." So please, view with mercy the huge, swollen pregnant lady.


And because I love to remember... Caden, Me and Santa/Dad.

6 comments:

Penny said...

I LOVE the family picture! And your daddy is the "perfect Santa." I love the last picture, too. I know Christmas is something you didn't get to celebrate with Caden and I hate that. Glad you have that picture of "her" with Santa. God bless.

Shel said...

Love the pics. Love you.

Lindsay said...

You look great!!

I'm going to call...soon...I promise. :) Hope your weekend has been relaxing (b/c mine has not...)

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

You look super cute. Whatever! I LOVE Riggs comment about your Dad. Elmo. Perfect. What a sweet boy. peace, Jen

Anonymous said...

totally wonderful

Kathy said...

You look beautiful!