Saturday, April 11, 2009

A New Day

Andy is doing better today. I came in about 8. (showered and well rested. I think I got about 7 hours.) He was more awake than when I left last night. He is still VERY tired and groggy, but able to keep his eyes open if he needs to.The Dr. came in this morning. He took Andy's bandage off and looked at the incision. He ran a few nuero tests. Andy can now raise both hands in the air, flip palms up and down. hold up fingers on his right hand (like when asked to give 2 fingers) and wiggle his toes and kick his leg on his right side. It is still much weaker than his left side but it is improving gradually. He said morning, I love you and yes to me this morning when I came in and we were talking. His throat hurts, this is why he is refraining from talking, but he can talk. He said the sentence "no if's, and's or but's." for the Dr. this morning and the Dr. said if he can say that..then he can say anything.His heartbeat is a little high...nothing to be alarmed about, but still higher than normal. They had him pumped full of steroids, so the Dr. thinks his body is compensating....they are going to lower the dose and see. If it stays under 100 for over an hour, they may move him out of ICU later today. He just left for an MRI a few min ago.Prayer for the heartrate, and his groggyness would be specifics this morning. As well as a gradual recovery and no complications or backsliding. Pray the MRI shows only good news.

Thank you for the prayers of rest for me last night. I slept well. I still woke every few hours, and when I did the song Mighty to Save was running through my head. He is mighty to save...it was a good reminder in the groggyness of sleep. As well as a verse about trusting in the Lord....so I sang and quoted scripture when I was not sleeping....

I will try to keep you as updated as possible throughout today, Please continue to pray. We are "out of the woods" as they say, but we still have "miles to go before we sleep."

11 comments:

Jen said...

I am thrilled to read Andy is doing some better this morning!! And Yay that you were able to sleep and get the rest you need! I will definitely continue to pray! Thanks for the specifics to pray for!

Your faith through these difficult times ministers to my heart! Thank you!

Jen

Tina said...

I am so glad to hear your good news. I know God has his hands all over you and Andy.
I'm hearing the song Strong Tower by Kutless. He is our strong tower and a shelter over us and a fortress when we're weak. I pray you feel that.
Thanks for the updates.
Tina

CinderellaMommy said...

We started to follow your blog through Kelly's Korner prayer request. We're praying for Aney's MRI to go well today & are so glad to hear that you got a good night's rest - take care.

SW WI FAMILY

Kendra said...

Came over from Kelly's blog, praying!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cari I am so glad that Andy is doing so well! My faily and I have been praying hard for you both. Thank you for updating as much as you have! If there is anything any of us can do for you please feel free to let us know!

Elizabeth Kafoure =)

The Mitchells said...

I just love it when I wake up singing praise songs...let's me know that I must be thinking of Him even in my sleep.

We will continue to pray for Andy...but more importantly for you and the baby...because Andy would want you to take care of yourself.

Amber Schmidt said...

Glad to hear a good report:) I love the song Mighty to Save! Whenever we are in the hospital with our daughter we turn on the laptop at night with itunes running all of our favorite Christian music. Helps to drown out the pumps, alarms and noise of the hospital.

Still praying for you guys!!

Jennifer said...

So happy that everything has progressed the way it has with his surgery. I was praying throughout the day yesterday and found myself checking your blog way too often to see how things were going. :)

Mooresvillian said...

We at 1st Baptist of Mooresville are praying for the two of you.
Its good that he is doing so well.
PTL

Katherine's Dad

Anonymous said...

If God allowed things to be added to the Bible, I would submit your names to be added in Hebrews 11. You both have shown such extraordinary faith and trust (whether you think so or not!) in the Lord-the world is not worthy of you!(v38)I love you and am praying for you!
(I was already included in the 13,000+ people willing to do anything for you, right?!)
Jen Fisher

Ashley said...

I came to your blog through Kelly's Korner, and will be praying for you and your husband (and sweet baby on the way!). Thank you for sharing your story and your faith. Have a blessed Easter...